MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
The International Society for Medical Publication Professionals (ISMPP) invites you to attend a special 90-minute ISMPP University (ISMPP U) educational webinar, “Graphical Presentation of Data in Medical Publications“, on Wednesday, January 25, at 11 am ET/4 pm GMT. This ISMPP U is complimentary and open to ALL, regardless of ISMPP membership status! Simply click here to register today, and you’ll receive the weblink information to attend the webinar.
Webinar attendees will learn from experts about how to integrate essential graphical presentation elements into medical publications. Figures, tables and images contribute to data interpretation and often give rise to conclusions on the part of the reader. Without proper planning and design, data can be ignored and even misinterpreted.
Some of the questions addressed in this webinar will include:
- How can we use a storyboarding approach to weave together tables and figures and create a cohesive publication?
- What are the most effective ways of communicating graphical data and how to avoid common errors?
- What are infographics and how do they differ from data tables and figures?
At the end of this webinar, participants should be able to:
- Use a storyboarding approach to plan data presentation in tables and figures
- Identify and avoid common errors in data presentation
- Understand the value and limitations of infographics for effective communication
|DATE AND TIME:||Wednesday, January 25, 2017
11:00 AM (EST) / 4:00 PM (GMT) *90 minutes*
|FACULTY:||Tom Lang, MA, Principal, Tom Lang Communications and Training International
Dikran Toroser, PhD, ISMPP CMPPTM, Senior Medical Writing Manager, Amgen
Charles J. Turck, President and CEO, ScientiaCME, LLC
|MODERATOR:||Hajira Koeller, PhD, Associate Director, Scientific Communications, Medical Affairs, Alkermes, Inc.|
Ryan co-runs Aspire Scientific, a dynamic, forward-thinking medical writing agency. Ryan has a passion for innovation, science and ethical communication.