New course from the EQUATOR group on “The secrets of success in writing, publishing, and disseminating research articles”
The UK EQUATOR Network – who have brought us guidelines like CONSORT and PRISMA – are running a “Publication School” from the 6th to 10th of July in Oxford. The full details can be found here.
This course will be led by an experienced, enthusiastic and knowledgeable team (including Doug Altman and Liz Wager), and will feature lectures and many practical sessions including:
- How to write the key sections of your research article, including the methods, analysis and results, introduction, discussion, title and abstract
- How to make the appropriate and optimal use of Reporting Guidelines including CONSORT, STROBE and PRISMA
- How to target the right journal for your research, and navigate different editorial systems
- How to deal with peer review comments, and how to peer review the work of others constructively
- How to write for and communicate with a lay audience, and make the most of media opportunities
The course will also discuss the importance of writing and publishing protocols, and the use of reporting guidelines such as SPIRIT and PRISMA-P.
Course tutors include:
Dr Elizabeth Wager, Publications Consultant, Sideview
Prof Doug Altman, Director, Centre for Statistics in Medicine; Director, UK EQUATOR Centre
Dr Iveta Simera, Deputy Director, UK EQUATOR Centre
Ms Caroline Struthers, Education and Training Manager, UK EQUATOR Centre
Leave a Reply