Earlybird rates until 31 March. PLUS: All Publication Plan readers get a 10% discount with the following code: EQmedcomms
This lively and practical course is designed to build your skills and confidence to achieve success in planning, writing, publishing, and disseminating your research through traditional journals and other publication and media channels. It will cover:
- How to write the key sections of your research article, including the methods, analysis and results, introduction, discussion, title, and abstract
- How to make appropriate and optimal use of reporting guidelines like CONSORT, STROBE, and PRISMA.
- The importance of writing and publishing protocols using reporting guidelines such as SPIRIT and PRISMA-P.
- How to target the right journal for your research and navigate different editorial systems
- How to deal with peer review comments and constructively peer review the work of others
- How to write for and communicate with healthcare professionals and the public, and make the most of media opportunities
COURSE TUTORS INCLUDE
Dr Elizabeth Wager, Publications Consultant, Sideview
Prof Doug Altman, Director, UK EQUATOR Centre
Dr Iveta Simera, Deputy Director, UK EQUATOR Centre
Prof Gary Collins, Deputy Director, Centre for Statistics in Medicine
Domhnall MacAuley, Consultant-Associate Editor with the Canadian Medical Association Journal and PLOS Medicine
The programme also includes contributions from invited guest speakers, including statisticians, journal editors, publishers, and science communicators.
Find out about Publication School 2016 by reading a summary of the week, following #EQPubSchool on Twitter, and watching Domhnall MacAuley talk about the life of a journal editor.
Please go to the Eventbrite page to register and secure your place on the course.
For more information about this course, see here.
Ryan co-runs Aspire Scientific, a dynamic, forward-thinking medical writing agency. Ryan has a passion for innovation, science and ethical communication.